Total Pageviews

Monday 9 January 2012

The Hunter..........a poem ...

The sun wasn't shining in the evening sky,
And then there was me walking to prove someone right.
The wind kept howling like a drugged wolf,
and along with the fog it made a horrifying sight.


The grass was moist with the evening dew,
and though there were dry patches, they were quite a few.
The trees were singing their silent tune,
and then rose up slowly........ the bright, new moon.


Out came the bug out of its tiny home,
woken up, by the calling of of its own.
Crawling through the leaves , it made silent progress,
And climbing up the tree as if it were in distress.


"Don't go there." warned me he,
but if he had known me better, he wouldn't have made that anxious plea.
The slopes of the hill weren't that slippery,
but even if it were , would that have stopped me ?


The monkeys started to chatter, as if to warn me
telling stories of the tragedies that had befallen thee.
Out came their tormentor , from the depths of the previously abandoned cave
Staring right into my eye, turning me into its slave.


Its roar was loud and clear,
as if commanding me to disappear.
But I was no fool,
as I had brought with me my trustworthy tool.


I took my aim , hoping I wouldn't miss,
'cause if I did, then the blame would fall on my friend "Chris".
Sweat started to pour down my chin,
as I pulled the trigger , hitting it on its shin.


He is not called as the "King of the beasts" for nothing
as it pounced on Chris , and I was caught reloading.
Loud and painful was Chris' cry,
as I was his only reliable ally.


The forest shook , as the Tiger uttered its last roar
as my bullet hit him in its heart, it rolled in pain.......on the floor.
I could see that Chris was shaken,
but if I had hesitated he would certainly have been "TAKEN".


The moon chose to hide behind the clouds,
As the village folk came running in huge crowds.
My job was done, as I now started to roam,
and I could feel my hands shaking when I started my way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment