Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 February 2012

The grey haired soldier..........

Its been long since the hair on my scalp has turned Grey,
but not as Grey as the character of people alive.
My soul has been long lost, just like a needle in a stack of hay,
fallen prey to the corrupt ministers who congregate in a hive.




I have watched the village kids grow up and become men,
and watch them dreaming the same dreams as I.
I hope they realize before it gets too late,
that these dreams will never be allowed to fly.




I remember my glory days vividly,
when I used to be a soldier who played in the dirt.
I made huge sacrifices for them, and killed people happily,
but in the end, they made me feel like a stain in their clean white shirt.




Me and my friends left our friends and family behind,
hoping to be of service to our motherland.
But what we saw was an utter abuse of mankind,
by the ones whom we trusted to lead us to the promised land.




I can still hear the cries of agony of my friends,
and see them in my nightmares over and over again.
Those old, wrinkled politicians with white hair and shaky hands,
pushed us towards the edge, hoping that we will fall off never to appear again.




My friends are long gone and I somehow survived,
growing old with the passage of time.
I think about their families and for how long they have been deprived,
and realized that the time has come for their kids to shine.

1 comment:

  1. This one is the best of the 2. Liked it a lot bro... :)

    ReplyDelete